Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BP on the Rise

4:30AM

I was awaken by my dad's voice saying, "yang, tingnan mo muna mammy mo" (yang please look at your mom first). I know that this is gonna be the same thing, it would probably be her blood pressure on the rise - I was right. 
My mom has this frequent episodes of BP surging up. The moment she ate pork or beef (which is very rare nowadays, she only eat the veggies that comes along when it's cooked) she'll be complaining of dizziness or nape pain the next hour. She'll let me then check her BP which would be at the 150-170mmHg systolic range then she'll pop her pill and lay still for awhile. Next thing I'll be getting will be a warm compress and a pair of socks since her hands and feet are cold. We will be monitoring her BP for sometime until it goes down. That's always the case with my mom, and I know I should ask her to do some tests just to make sure everything is fine.
Will surely set an appointment with her doctor soon.
Glad she's a bit fine now, BP's fine...











No comments: