Thursday, September 01, 2011

Old Times

Here we are on our innocent times:






Now on our not so innocent times:





You look back at some old pictures and you find yourself smiling at the thought of old times.


Year 2000 was the new millennium -new things, new promises and new adventure. As for me, it was the dreaded first year of College life. I was quite hesitant about my new environment, UP that is. It's the melting pot of great minds, achievers and people who are bound to succeed at all cost.  The University will punch and beat you so being a weakling is not an option but apparently I am – at first. Imagining a life away from family and home scares the core of my being. How could I ever do things without mom to pull close whenever I need backup?! The need to act mature knocks and haunts you whenever a professor addresses you as "miss". Gone are the days when you were just known as "piggy" in high school. 

Life in college is and was never easy. From term papers, long exams and field work (I took up bio so much of field works are expected) to peer pressure, culture shock and homesickness. It’s a constant juggle and finding great friends to help you on the way is a life saver. People who feel the same as you do. People who go through the same things you’ve been going through. I value the friendships I had and have with them. I love you Miami pips and thank you! Cheers!

Might end this with my College Student Number eh..
00-70332

Do you still remember yours? Hey, no peeking!!!
Comment with your student number


1 comment:

Brynz said...

saying it LOUD AND PROUD! 00-44159!!!